To our valued suppliers:
AS9100 places requirements on Specialized Turning with respect to its agreements with external service providers. The terms and conditions of these requirements per AS9100D 8.4.3 are listed below:
1. Specialized Turning Inc. (“Specialized Turning”) requires that external service providers (“Suppliers”) shall maintain the proper identification and revision status specifications, drawings, process requirements, inspection/verification instructions, and other relevant technical data. 2. Specialized Turning reserves the right of final approval of product and services, methods, processes and equipment, and the final release of products and services.
3. Specialized Turning requires that all special processes required by our purchase orders must be performed by competent, qualified personnel.
4. Specialized Turning reserves the right to identify the requirements for interaction with our Suppliers, including:
1. The use of interactive documentation.
2. The use of email/fax.
3. Documented confirmation methods of all verbal interactions.
5. Specialized Turning reserves the right to monitor our Suppliers’ performance, including:
1. Supplier risk.
2. Quality of the product or service delivered.
3. On-time delivery of product or service.
6. Specialized Turning reserves the right to designate requirements for verification or validation activities that we or our customer intend to perform at the Suppliers’ premises.
7. Specialized Turning reserves the right to approve or specify any designs, tests, inspection plans, verifications, criteria for design and development required by our organization from a Supplier.
8. Specialized Turning reserves the right to approve or specify any special requirements, critical items, or key characteristics.
9. Specialized Turning reserves the right to approve or specify any test, inspection, and verification (including production process verification).
10. Specialized Turning reserves the right to approve or specify the use of statistical techniques for product acceptance and related instructions for acceptance by Specialized Turning.
11. Specialized Turning reserves the right to require the need from Suppliers to:
1. Implement a Quality Management System (“QMS”) and we reserve the right to review and approve the Suppliers’ QMS.
2. Require that the Supplier uses customer-designated or approved Suppliers, including process sources (e.g. special processes).
3. Notify Specialized Turning of nonconforming product or services immediately upon discovery, and obtain our organizational approval for nonconforming product disposition.
4. Require Suppliers to show evidence of processes to prevent the use of counterfeit parts.
5. Notify Specialized Turning of changes in product and/or process, changes of Suppliers, and changes of manufacturing facility locations. Specialized Turning reserves the right to approve such changes.
6. Flow down to the supply chain the applicable requirements including customer requirements.
7. Provide test specimens for design approval, inspection/verification, investigation, and/or auditing.
8. Retain all records associated with the purchase orders for a minimum of 10 years or as required by contract. Specialized Turning requires the disposition of such documents to be controlled in accordance with the requirements of all applicable QMS documentation.
12. Specialized Turning reserves the right of access by our representatives, our customers, and any regulatory authorities to all applicable records and applicable areas of all facilities, at any level of the supply chain involved in the order.
13. Specialized Turning reserves the right to require and request evidence that Suppliers ensure their personnel are aware of:
1. Their contribution to product or service conformity.
2. Their contribution to product safety.
3. The importance of ethical behavior.
Additionally, Specialized Turning places the following terms and conditions on its Purchase Orders:
1. Specialized Turning shall not be responsible for any damage to merchandise shipped caused by or attributable to accidents, mishandling or negligence by the Supplier, its agencies, employees, representatives or assigns.
2. The Supplier shall provide provisions to allow Specialized Turning customer representative and/or regulatory agencies the right of entry to any place necessary to determine and verify the quality of contracted work, records and material.
3. These special terms and conditions, should they not appear in the purchase order from Specialized Turning shall nevertheless be considered and deemed to form part thereof.
4. Written requests for quality review shall be provided to Specialized Turning prior to delivery of non-conforming material.
5. Written notification must be provided to Specialized Turning to obtain approval to process changes.
6. Records shall be kept for a minimum of ten (10) years unless otherwise specified on the purchase order.